Safety and Security
In order to ensure a safe visit for all of SoU visitors, the following security measures have been implemented:
- Security Screening Process
Visitors to the Statue of Unity must pass through primary and/or secondary security screening, similar to the Indian airport security procedures, prior to entry at the site. We recommend that visitors should factor in the time to go through the security procedures.
Please note that there are no locker storage areas at the screening facility.
Only cameras, handbags, and small personal items are permitted.
All visitors should keep bags, packages, stroller’s etc. in lockers available at Shreshtha Bharat Bhavan or keep it in their vehicles
All weapons, including firearms, knives (including pocket knives and penknives), mace (or pepper spray), any dangerous items, and any “dual-use” items that could be compromise public safety and security are strictly prohibited in the Statue. Scissors, sharp instruments, and tools are prohibited. Do not carry any of these types of items into the security screening area. Items that are confiscated will not be returned. If you are unsure about an item, please do not carry it.
- Large packages, suitcases, carry-on luggage and other large parcels will not be permitted inside SoU and in lockers.
- First aid kit is available near Ticket Counter.
- Pets are not allowed inside SoU Complex.
- Although the premise has adequate security we recommend visitors to undertake necessary precautions during the visit.
- Report any suspicious activity or behaviour you may see at the site.
- Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on the site.